How Do I Set up an Offline License for my Report Engine?
- On the server hosting your Report Engine, open a command prompt and type the command "ipconfig /all" (Do this while the server is in the network configuration in which you intend to use it, as changes to your network configuration can change the DNS suffix.)
- Find the values for the items "Host Name" and "DNS Suffix Search List".
- Create a string by appending the "DNS Suffix Search List" value to your "Host Name" like HOSTNAME + "." + DNS_SUFFIX (e.g. "ExampleHostName.mshome.net")
- If you have not already done so, submit a Support request to set up one of your Pro Engine subscriptions for offline licensing.
- In the Windward Store, open the subscription you requested to set up for offline licensing.
- Enter the hostname + DNS suffix in the "Engine Hosts" field for each server on which you wish to run the Report Engine offline.
- Enter the hostname + DNS suffix in the "Designer Hosts" field for all the servers on which you wish to run Report Designer offline. You must enter as many hostnames as you have Designer licenses associated with the subscription.
- Click "Enable Offline"
- A new license key is generated. Enter the license key into the installers for the Report Engine/Report Designer to use them offline.