Create A Connected App In Salesforce Classic Experience
This article covers step one of two on integrating Hub with Salesforce:
1. How to create a Connected App within Salesforce to allow OAuth flow with the Windward Maestro for Salesforce Application.
When you are finished with step one, please move onto step 2:
This article is for Windward Hub admins who have purchased the Salesforce Integration. By creating a connected app in Salesforce, this will allow the OAuth flow to occur so you can easily generate batches and documents directly from Salesforce with your relevant Salesforce data.
Please note that a Connected App must be setup before anyone in your organization can be added to the Salesforce Integration or use the Salesforce Integration.
Navigating to the Connected App Creation Page
- First off, log into your Salesforce account and navigate to the Setup section. This can be found in the top right portion of the Home page after you log in. If its not on the header bar, then click on your account name drop down and it should be located there.
- After you are in the Setup page, on the left panel will be a category called App Setup and under that is an expandable category called Create. Under Create is a link called Apps. Click on that.
- At the bottom of the page is a section called Connected Apps. Go ahead and click New.
Creating the Connected App
At this point you should be on the New Connected App page with a bunch of fields to fill out. We will only need to fill out a few!
- First, give your Connected App a name. It doesn't matter what this is, just something that will be easily identifiable by you and your organization.
- Under Contact Email enter the email associated with your Hub account.
- Under the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section, click the checkbox Enable OAuth Settings. This will then expand and give you a list of items you can chose for your OAuth scope as well as provide a Callback URL.
- In the Callback URL box, enter the WindwardHub URL: https://hub.windwardstudios.com/ .
- Under the Available OAuth Scopes, select
- Full access (full) and click the add arrow to the right to add it to Selected OAuth Scopes.
- Do this same action for Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- and Access and manage your data (api). Your Selected OAuth Scopes should look like:
- Make sure you have a Connected App Name, Enable OAuth Settings selected, have a Callback URL entered as well as those 3 OAuth Scopes selected.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Linking the Connected App to Windward Hub
Now that your Connected App is all setup you are ready to insert the Connected App Info into the Windward Hub.
- First, go to your Connected App info page to view the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret. These two fields are also referred to as Client ID and Client Secret respectively.
- Once you have those values, navigate to the Windward Hub. On the sidebar, click "Manage Subscriptions" and you should see your Salesforce Integration show up and in the top right corner a button that says "Set Connected App Info".
- You will see two form fields, one for Client ID and one for Client Secret. In the Client ID field, enter the Consumer Key from the Connected App. For Client Secret, enter the Consumer Secret from the Connected App.
After you set this info, this will be the Connected App info for anyone else in your organization so they don't need to worry about going through this process.
If you would like to use a different Connected App in the future, you can come back here and just enter the Connected App info for the other instance in this form box.