How Do I Transition my PPTX Templates to 16.2.0 Charts and Bitmaps?
In version 16.2.0, charts and bitmaps were transitioned from in-line text Tags to actual chart/bitmap objects in Excel and PowerPoint. More details can be found on this topic in the article How Do I Use the New Bitmaps and Charts in 16.2?
This article will cover how you can transition an existing PPTX template to new Charts/Bitmap Tags.
Transitioning Templates in PPTX
While transitioning your harts/bitmaps to new charts/bitmaps in 16.2.0 will give you more formatting functionality, charts/bitmaps as in-line text Tags will be evaluated exactly the same in versions 16.2.0 -> 16.3.0 as they were in previous versions.
In PowerPoint, transitioning templates requires re-saving each Chart Tag and Bitmap Tag in the template. Simply:
- Open the template
- Open a Chart/Bitmap Tag in the editor by clicking "Edit Tag"
- By Chart, we refer to Chart Tags
- By Bitmap, we refer to either an Out Tag or an Import Tag with the assigned type BITMAP
- Save the Tag from the editor.
After saving the Tag, the chart/bitmap will appear in the template as a chart/bitmap object.
- Position your chart/bitmap in the template where you would like it to be. The chart/bitmap will be placed in the middle of the slide its text tag was on, but not necessarily where you want it to be output.
- Repeat this process for all of the charts and bitmaps in your template.
Add your comment