Tag Editor Reference
This article will show you how to access and use the Tag Editor to manipulate your Tags.
When you create a Tag in a template and connect it to a data source, Report Designer is effectively writing and executing a select statement in a query language - the Tag asks the data source for data, then retrieves the data it asked for.
You can use the Tag Editor to perform a variety of tasks including:
- navigate the Tags in your template
- use Query Wizards to create your select statements
- use the Equation Editor to write complex formulas
- specify the settings of the Tag's properties
- preview the Tag's select statement to check its results without generating output
- drag and drop data elements into a select statement from a graphical view of your data
- and much more...